This is an important message from my mum to you. She is the original writer of this post and she wants you to be impacted by it, she believes you are also part of the family 💐
I visited an old couple who had arrived at their Empty Nest years ago, and met them checking through some old albums probably to relive some good memories.
The husband looked up and said.
.”.this is our hobby, and don’t think we took all these pictures at ceremonies, no, we just like wearing good clothes at our leisure and call photographer home to snap us.”
How many of us married still have our old album intact. ?
There are lots of benefits in keeping old family pictures:☘️
- You can bring out good old memories to strengthen your present relationship. Thinking of the time spent together, is soothing and enhance love in marriage.
- It helps to tell you how far you had gone in a relationship. It reminds you of your past investment or efforts to arrive at where you are now and to determine to keep nurturing it.
- It brings out some clue to what is happening to you right now. Your posture, what you are doing in the picture, the people you took the picture with, all have a message for your present and future.
- It once tells you the degree of closeness and love with your extended family members even though you might not be seeing each other right now.
- It arouses a caring sense to look after your family members.
- It allows your children to deduce the truth about you and others after you depart this world.
WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHS☘️
• Use your leisure time or COVID-19 STAY AT HOME to view your family album with your children. Tell them story about each of the pictures, it has a unifying effect on your family. You will laugh together intimately.
• Keep your family pictures secured : Many of us have stopped taken printed photographs, we like to request for soft copies , we need to bring back printed photographs, or if you must do soft copies, make sure you save them in Google cloud, and keep it safe. Or you can hide those pictures on social media handles. One sure way to keep picture is on Facebook. You don’t have to enable your PUBLIC privacy. You can choose ONLY ME privacy to allow only you seeing the pictures and not the public or your friends.
• Occasionally, pray over your family pictures and use it as point of contact to your image anywhere it may be.
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO WITH YOUR FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHS☘️
- Don’t tear it because you have a misunderstanding with your spouse or any member of your family.
- Don’t throw it away because one of the partners is dead. You can pack it aside and put it away in the store.
- Do not allow the pains of the present time to make you do away with the memories you shared, it might be difficult but may be a saving grace for you or your children later.
Can you just spare sometime during this covid19 STAY AT HOME to bring your family together and view your old albums?
I look forward to hearing about your lovely experience.
MAY YOU SEE YOUR OLD PICTURES AND SMILE IN JESUS NAME..!
Kindly play Safe.
Check out mum’s NGO website at Zioncliff.org